Framework caching is potentially a useful way to reduce the download
required for each flex application. It doesn't benefit the user if
there are not many sites using it as the total download of the flex
app + framework as a seperate file is greater.

I am working on some integration for a public site with a large Flex
element, in an experiment with our app a normal Flex release build
totalled 673k without framework caching and  426k with framework
caching. This is all very good, but the framework as an swf for
earlier Flash 9 player () users is 523k, that means the total download
for a user without the framework cached is 949k. This is 230k more
than if the framework cache is not enabled.

Although it is good to help everybody out by using caching I would
like to know what proportion of users will benefit and therefore what
proportion of sites have implemented Framework caching. Does anyone
have a figure on this?

Thanks