On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 11:07 PM, ron_mori <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> While I go off and explore the land of 'Flex to RMI' connections,
> anyone want to offer any insights?
>
> Things like:
>
> - Can you do this? Seems like a natural with BlazeDS remote objects.
> Just change the URL to point to rmi://localhost/server...
>
> - Simple or difficult?
>
> And any other insights are welcome.

Hi ron,

In case you don't know, RMI is a Java thing. It is meant to allow
methods of remote objects found in certain JVMs to be invoked by other
JVMs.

Just stick to AMF (which is what BlazeDS uses), or use Hessian, XML
based Web Services or HTTP Services or JSON. I don't really think that
it is worthwhile creating a new protocol, unless it does prove to be
faster or better than the existing ones.

Anyway, those are just my 2 cents.

Fidel.