I was wondering if there is a better way to create several hundred
objects with reflections using bitmaps and bitmapdata objects.  I have
several hundred objects that can be 1 of 50 different kinds, which all
have reflections. I was wondering what the best way is to create all
500 items that won't consume the users CPU?  Right now I have 2gb of
ram and one heck of a processor and its eating up 55% of my CPU when
all 500 objects are finally created.

Each object has its own bitmap of course and its own bitmapdata
because each one can be, as I said, 1 of 50 different types of
objects. And each of these objects is drawn on the screen with the
flash drawing api.

I know each item you add to the display list which is drawn slows your
CPU down even more so what is a better way of going about this? Draw
all 50 objects in Flash and then use them as sprites or MC's or some
other solution?

Anyone done anything like this before?  Thanks in advance.