From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com on behalf of bredwards358
Sent: Mon 11/08/2008 15:40
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Using TOTAL and AS in the SQL of a Flex app

I really don't know where to post this, as it involves both SQLite
and Flex 3, but, I'll try here first. Here's what I have in
FlexBuilder:

sqlText = "SELECT Up18RODetail.ProductID, TOTAL(Up18RODetail.Qty) AS
:qtySum " +

                                     "FROM Up18RODetail LEFT JOIN
Up18ROHeader ON Up18RODetail.ROID = Up18ROHeader.ROID " +

                                     "WHERE Up18ROHeader.DateUploaded
Between :startDate AND :endDate " +

                                     "GROUP BY Up18RODetail.ProductID " +

                                     "HAVING Up18RODetail.ProductID =
:prodProdID";

                         transactionStatement = new SQLStatement();

                         conn = new SQLConnection();

                         transactionStatement.sqlConnection = conn;

                         conn.open(dbFile);

transactionStatement.addEventListener(SQLEvent.RESULT,
calcUsePercentResult);

transactionStatement.addEventListener(SQLErrorEvent.ERROR,
errorHandler);

                         transactionStatement.text = sqlText;

                         transactionStatement.parameters[":startDate"] =
startDate;

                         transactionStatement.parameters[":endDate"] =
endDate;

                         transactionStatement.parameters[":qtySum"] =
qtySum; //String variable

                         transactionStatement.parameters[":prodProdID"] =
prodDataArray[i].ProductID

                         transactionStatement.execute();

Now, the SQL actually works in the SQLite database browser, however it
throws a SQL syntax error when I try to run it in my flex app and
I'm not sure why. The error reads SQLError: 'Error #3115: SQL
Error.', details:'near ":qtySum": syntax error', operation:'execute'. I
could sure use a hand here, thanks in advance.

Brian Ross Edwards

Tech-Connect LLC

This communication is from Primal Pictures Ltd., a company registered in
England and Wales with registration No. 02622298 and registered office: 4th
Floor, Tennyson House, 159-165 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 5PA, UK. VAT
registration No. 648874577.

This e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied and
used only by the intended recipient. If you have received it in error, please
contact the sender immediately by return e-mail or by telephoning +44(0)20 7637
1010. Please then delete the e-mail and do not disclose its contents to any
person.
Security System.

<<winmail.dat>>