I don't have a suggestion to your question directly, but...

Repeater is a great tool, but using it like that can be difficult.  I
suggest you create a custom component, implementing a public property
into which you pass the entire currentItem.  This allows you to code the
repeated content much more normally.  For example, you can use the
normal component lifecycle events like creationComplete, and can
dispatch events, and the handler can access the dataProvider item
without that silly getRepeaterItem stuff.  Internal code can access
child components by normal id references.

You don't say what you need to width for or why you are looping, but
consider this technique and it might solve one or more of your problems.

Tracy