From: nwebb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 5:07:47 PM
Subject: [flexcoders] Design Patters For Loading Data?

Hi, hoping for some help on this...

Problem:
I am making multiple asynchronous calls to the server and I want to ensure I
have the data back from all the calls before calling method x.
I don't want to daisy-chain the calls (i.e.having to wait until service#1
reurns data before calling service#2 and so on).

I have a solution which will suffice* but I'm sure there must be a tried and
tested way of handling this kind of scenario - perhaps a design pattern(?).

* my current solution is to declare an ArrayCollection and listen to its
CollectionEvent. COLLECTION_ CHANGE event.
In each onResult() method I setitemsLoaded. addItem(true) ; and similarly in
each onFault() method I set itemsLoaded. addItem(false) ;

Each time I add the boolean value to the collection, the change-event handler
is called. Inside the change handler I check to see whether the collection
length is equal to the number of results I'm expecting. If it is, I loop
through the collection and check if all the values are true or not.