More details to first issue (delete item with ds.deleteItem):

The item is in fact deleted from the database, just the display in my
application is wrong - when I restart application, the deleted item is
really deleted.

In client log (in Flex Builder) there are following lines after commit:

Updating cached item for: Parent#:#254 excluding properties: null
Adding item to cache: ChildItem#:#272 destination: ChildDestination
About to dispatch commit result events

where 272 is the id of the item I am trying to delete.

TIA for any help.

Zdenek M