Strangest behavior ever.  We are looking to move from Weblogic 8.1 to
Weblogic 10.  We have an Apache 1.3 web server and we're using the
Weblogic-Apache plug-in that routes requests to certain URLs to the
Weblogic server.  URL http://abc <http://abc/>  sends requests to
Weblogic 8.1 which hosts our Flex app, http://abc10 <http://abc10/>
sends requests to THE SAME Flex app on Weblogic 10.

Going to abc loads up the login page to our Flex app, no problem,
regardless of browser.  Going to apb10 results in a blank page on
Internet Explorer, all other browsers load the app up perfectly.  If you
go to apb10 using Internet Explorer and get the blank page, if you hit
the F5 key and refresh the page, the application loads up fine.  WHAT
THE HECK could be causing this type of behavior?!

Anyone using the WLS10-Apache plug-in with various mappings pointing to
your Flex app and have them working ok in Internet Explorer?  This is
the strangest thing and the best part is refreshing the browser brings
the app up ok.  We're pulling our hair out here.  We see the HTTP
requests being made to the various wrapper files and the resultant swf
file...it's just not loading in the browser the first time you go there
in IE.  I've tried about 10 different computers, IE 6, IE 7, etc. to no
avail...an old Netscape browser, Safari, Firefox 2 and 3 both bring the
apb10 site up first time without an issue...Damn you Internet Explorer!
Damn you!

I'm going to have our systems guy try setting up Apache 2.0 with the
latest WLS-Apache plug-in but seriously...this is mind-numbing.  Any
thoughts?

robert l. brueckmann

vice president

merlin securities

712 fifth avenue

new york, ny 10019

p: 212.822.4821
f: 212.822.4820

Merlin Securities - #1 Prime Broker North America and #1 Prime Broker Single
Strategy Funds - Global Custodian 2007
#1 Prime Broker for Hedge Funds under $1 Billion - Alpha Survey 2007

This message contains information from Merlin Securities, LLC, or from one of
its affiliates, that may be confidential and privileged. If you are not an
intended recipient, please refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution
or use of this information and note that such actions are prohibited. If you
have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately
by telephone or by replying to this transmission.

Merlin Securities, LLC is a registered broker-dealer. Services offered through
Merlin Securities, LLC are not insured by the FDIC or any other Federal
Government Agency, are not deposits of or guaranteed by Merlin Securities, LLC
and may lose value. Nothing in this communication shall constitute a
solicitation or recommendation to buy or sell a particular security.