My blog post from way back has an example of that control (well the files that come with the example)

http://weblogs.macromedia.com/mchotin/archives/2004/03/large_data_sets.cfm

Matt

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Andrew Spaulding
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2005 10:09 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: using a repeater with large data sets

Hi Alex,

Yeh I followed your posts on performace with large data sets, and our
return data from the RemoteObject service is relatively fast. The
problem lies with the rendering of the results.

For what I'm doing I have found the the Repeater works better for me
compared to a List with a CellRenderer (and yes I already have the
repeated contents extracted into a separate mxml file).

I have gone with Tracy's idea, and am using the 'count' and
'startingIndex' property on the Repeater. I am currently putting
together a paging component, kind of like how Google would page its
search results, and am having this control the Repeater.

Thanks to everyone for there help,

Andrew
www.flexdaddy.info

(http://www.carbonfive.com/community/archives/2005/07/the_remoting_de.html)