You should be able to call preventDefault and override creatItemEditor

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Weyert de Boer
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 6:04 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Changing itemEditors of a DataGrid a row basis

Hello!

I am trying to make a property grid as seen in other applications in
Flex. Only I am having trouble to change the itemEditors use by the
current
selected row. I am having the following ArrayCollection which consists
of the class:

public class PropertyItem {
[Bindable] public var name: String;
[Bindable] public var value: String;
[Bindable] public var type: String;
}

Now I would like to change the dataField or itemEditor of the currently
selected column using the onItemBegin-event of the Grid. Only the
problem
is that the change is not made. Also I have trouble that it doesn't
change the binded "value"-property of the PropertyItem instance.

Does anyone know how this can be done? Or even better does anyone know
some working PropertyGrid. A bit like as shown in the below picture?
http://blogs.msdn.com/photos/gurbir/images/1894430/original.aspx
<http://blogs.msdn.com/photos/gurbir/images/1894430/original.aspx>

Thanks!

Weyert