Hi,

I just started using the Flex Component Kit so I am probably not doing it
right.  If I have a symbol that's linked to a UIMovieClip subclass in my Flex
project, and if the class uses any Flex framework stuff, Flash would refuse to
publish my FLA skin file.  This makes sense since the Flex framework is not in
Flash's classpath.  To get around things I also made my Flash point to another
classpath set up specifically to placate the Flash compiler, in it I have a
dummy version of the UIMovieClip subclass that doesn't refer to any Flex
framework stuff at all.  Of course the real Flex code is still using the actual
UIMovieClip subclass that does everything.  It's a little dumb, hence donkey
patching (as opposed to the smarter monkey).  Is there anything I should be
doing instead?

-
 boon