Having looked through the archived topics, I was unable to find
anything relevant, but if anyone knows of an existing thread or
tutorial, just post the link.

Basically, I am retrieving information from a MySQL database and
dsiplay it in a datagrid. And I'm using a customized component via the
DataGrid's itemRenderer to show a check box in the last column.

In my particular case, the checkbox will indicate which records need to
get deleted.

Is there anyone who's done something similar? And would be willing to
share the code? With the custom component from Flex Monkey Patches
(http://snipurl.com/3m7be), I can get the checkbox dropped in, but I
don't know how to "trap" the CLICK in the main application to determine
whether the checkbox is selected or not.

Anyone?