"Even Monkeys Fall out of Trees"

| Alistair McLeod accidentally posted to the whole list:
|
| I notice you've started adding the time to your posts - I think Steven has
spoken to you about the | peculiarity that you're posts always come through
as "new poster" so we have to always accept your | posts - it wouldn't
matter if you weren't so prolific a poster ;)

To try and save Ali from the embarassment of sending private emails to a
mailing list, I'll hijaack the thread so that no-one notices.  Apart from my
subject line.  And this email.

We've configured Yahoo! so that moderators have to approve (in theory) only
the first post that people make to the list; a first-line of defence against
spam.  Since doing that, we've been spared the random recruitment agency
spams we were suffering from time to time.

However, for some bizarre reason, a handful of you (Jesse included) seem to
require that every one of your posts is moderated - it's as if Yahoo!
doesn't recognise that you've posted before, and have been approved by us
already.

If you are one of that small handful, our apologies while we try to sort
this out with Yahoo! and we're arranging as best we can to ensure that your
posts are approved as quickly as possible.  It may just mean that you
experience a short delay between sending your post and it hitting the list,
but typically one of the moderators is online, and it'll be aproved
immediately.

If you have any suggestions as to what might be causing the problem, please
drop Ali or I a note off list (but carefully check the to: line and don't
email the whole of flexcoders).

Best,

Steven