Your not actually calling it are you? cause I tested it out and It works fine,
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<mx:Application xmlns:mx="library:adobe/flex/halo"

xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009";

xmlns:ns="library:adobe/flex/gumbo" xmlns:local="*"
creationComplete="initApp()">

<Script>

<![CDATA[

private function initApp():void

{

StyleManager.loadStyleDeclarations( 't.swf',true ,true);

}

]]>

</Script>

</mx:Application>