My only suggestion would be to look into the "messaging" service.  I
don't know that that will solve your issue though - but there are
examples around which show how to create a video conferencing
application using Flex messaging service.  Otherwise you may be stuck
with having to use FMS (or some other service of the sort)...

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Heinz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Nathan. Problem is, camera is not attached to computer with
the
> Flex app. I want one of 10 Flex apps around the Intranet to be able
> attach to any camera's stream, and I don't want to use FMS. I have
> looked high and low and can't find a camera that puts out FLV. And
> from what I gather from Flex, streaming can only be done from an FMS
> source or some other software that supports RTMP. Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks, Phil
>
> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "nathanpdaniel" <ndaniel@> wrote:
> >
> >   You can attach a camera to Flex and stream video - I'm sure
your
> > camera is quite a bit more sophisticated than your typical webcam
though

> > Livedocs: http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/help.html?
> > content=Working_with_Video_18.html
> >
> > Hope this helps! :D
> >
> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Heinz" <phil@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi everyone,
> > >
> > > Can Flex 3 VideoDisplay or any other component display LIVE
streaming
> > > video from any other format than FLV? We are trying to go
straight to
> > > the camera from Flex. Many cameras will stream motion JPEG or
MPEG4