--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "whatabrain" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Calling refresh() did nothing.
>
> Note that if I choose to filter out all the child nodes, it works
> perfectly. It's only the parent nodes I can't filter, because the
> filter is never called for them.

HierarchicalCollectionView has a showRoot property that you could
probably use to turn the parent nodes off.  I've cast HierarchcialData
to HierarchicalCollectionView in the past for other reasons (
http://flexdiary.blogspot.com/2008/07/musings-on-advanceddatagrid-part-
5_03.html ), but I am not sure if this would work for you if you're not
using HierarchicalCollectionView already.  If you're using a
GroupingCollection, it could also potentially be cast in that way.

HTH;

Amy