I believe you're going to need to handle the drop events yourself and not
use the dropEnabled=true setting.  When you do that, by default drop is
denied and you have to tell it to allow it, like in the dragEnter event.
For example:

private function dragEnterHandler(e:DragEvent):void
{
  DragManager.acceptDragDrop(UIComponent(e.currentTarget));
  DragManager.showFeedback(DragManager.COPY);
}

--
Jason