As a result of some other data changing, I'm triggering a refresh on an
ArrayCollection to cause a filterFunction to strip out certain items.  The
collection refreshes and filters, and the DataGrid shows the right items,
but when I call selectedItems on it, it returns the previously selected
items as well.
Is there a good way around this?  I need to filter a collection, then update
my data to remove any items that didn't make the cut.  Should I just ditch
the filterFunction and process this all myself?

I'm checking the selectedItems after the ArrayCollection dispatches the
refresh event, and am using Flex 2.