----- Original Message -----
  From: Brandon Krakowsky
  To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, September 19, 2008 2:18 PM
  Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Does localconnection Class works with different
Port numbers ?

  I'm working with LocalConnection now and having some issues.  I'm trying to
load and control some Flash 8 movies with some success.  I'm first loading in a
proxy Flash 8 file, and then loading the movies into there.  I'm calling
functions in the proxy file which basically tell the loaded movies to go to
certain frames, etc.

I have been down this route and had good inital success but couldn't get it to
work reliably as a Flash project. There was extensive discussion about this on
flashcoders (this isn't specifically a Flex issue.)

  It seems to work most of the time but every now and again I get weird
"undefined" traces in the Flex IDE.  I have a lot more testing to do but I'm
not sure how the Flash 9 debugger tries to debug AS2 in a Flash 8 file.

One important consideration was leaving enough time for the AS2 side to settle
down. I found that sometimes I would pass information to the AS2 side via the
connection but the AS2 wasn't properly initalised and ready to handle it, so I
added some delay to ensure that everything was ready on the AS2 side before the
AS3 tried to control it.

Good luck. Eventually I rewrote the whole thing in AS2.. (because I had AS2
swfs that I had to work with).

This should really be in your own thread..

Paul

  Thanks,
  Brandon

Snip