I've got my datagrid populating but I need to see that data in aother
location within my app.
In my MyModel.as
I have a "global" variable
public var mySelectedRow:ArrayCollection;

I've tried setting this variable in the dataGrid change event...
                 public function handleChangeEvent(event:Event):void
                 {
                        MyModel.getInstance().mySelectedRow =
event.target.selectedItem as
ArrayCollection;

Alert.show(MyModel.getInstance().SelectedBudgetAC.getItemAt(0).amount);
                        var evt:CairngormEvent = new
CairngormEvent(MyControl.EVENT_GET_DATA_DETAILS);

CairngormEventDispatcher.getInstance().dispatchEvent(evt);

                 }

The Alert returns a null error.. but it looks like it should be working?
What I'm trying to do is I have a VO I need to populate.. I was going
to do that within a command (is that best practice? -- to seperate
display from logic)
So anywho I'm trying to populate that arraycollection and then in the
command do all the fun stuff...
                        var myVO:FootVO = MyModel.getInstance().FooVO;
                        myVO.amount =
MyModel.getInstance().SelectedBudgetAC.getItemAt(0).amount;

but I'm getting a null error.. is this the proper way to load a VO
from a selected DataGrid row?

Thanks