Hi everybody,
I'm very stumped, and any help would be appreciated. I have written a socket
server in PHP that communicates with flex via the Socket class (and JSON
encoded messages).

I've written a test client, and the server is currently active

https://sean.rapidintake.com/SocketTest.html

Some people cannot send binary data, even though they seem to be getting the
policy file just fine. I've tested this with tons of friends, in addition to
the client.  All of my friends were able to get through all the steps just
fine, except for one, but noone at the client company can.

So, for me and those like me, I get through all the steps. For all of the
employees at the client site, and for one friend, it hangs on the ping
server step.

What is going on????? I've checked server logs and the ping message never
comes through, and the client is never notified that they have connected,
even though there is no security error.  Any ideas?

This is what your log should look like if it works:::

Thanks!
~sean

Open [√]
[JsonSocket] <= 7 status
{"users":[],"yourid":"44","locks":{},"changes":{},"versions":[]}
[JsonSocket] <= 7 authenticated {"hash":695861518}
[JsonSocket] => all open {"username":"SocketTestUser","id":"2000039"}
Open [ ]

Pass [√]
[JsonSocket] => all pass {"username":"SocketTestUser","project":"2000039"}
b17f0b7b73af6d58a698e8f6f2cee879
Pass [ ]

Ping Server [√]
[JsonSocket] <= 7 pong {"id":"44"}
[JsonSocket] => all ping {}
Ping Server [ ]

Connect to Server [√]
[JsonSocket] Connected
[JsonSocket] connecting...
[JsonSocket] About to connect sockets.rapidintake.com:80
Connect to Server [ ]

Create Socket Connection [√]
Create Socket Connection [ ]