Most of the code in the CDATA block will be inserted in a class during
compilation so you can write whatever is allowed in a class block
(declarations and function definitions). The assignments are hence not
allowed there, they must live in a function.
In your case, you should do the assignments in the result handler of the
HTTPService anyway.

Hope this helps!

--
Haykel Ben Jemia