----- Original Message -----
  From: schwazel
  To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 9:02 AM
  Subject: [flexcoders] The Repeater control and the getChildren() method

  Hello,

  I'm working on a flex application and i've an issue with the repeater control.
  In my application, i fill my component when i get some datas from my
httpService component.

  I have to get every component of my application and go find its prolly value
in the datas.
  I do that because whe i have a list the datas for the list arent well
formatted.

  The problem that i have with the repeater is that the getChildren() method of
the Container class doesn't count the repeaters as a child of the container.

  I found that in the Container class there is a mx_internal get méthod named
childRepeaters that'd solve my problem, but as it's specified on the adobe site,
  Variables in the mx_internal namespace are ones that Adobe thinks have a high
probability of changing in future versions of Flex, so  they reside in a
special namespace so developers know they may change.

  How can i easily use the repeater control without directly using variables
under mx_internal namespace?

First step should be google.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/quickstart/using_the_repeater/

>From the page:

The Repeater component places references to individual instances of a repeated
component in an array. You define the name of the array by setting the id
attribute of the component that you place in the Repeater.

In the following example, the RadioButton control in the <mx:Repeater> tag has
its id property set to buttonsArray. The Repeater component adds into this
array a reference to each child RadioButton that it creates. You can refer to
these individual children by using an index-based look-up on the array. For
example, buttonsArray[0] returns a reference to the first RadioButton in the
Repeater.

Paul

  Thanks in advance.

  Feel free to ask for further details.