I have some custom components (nothing special) that are displaying product
information. essentially I can use the same component for seprate purposes:

Product info (each product can be added to the shopping cart), shopping cart
(each product can be removed from the cart). Within the main component, I
have TileLists or datagrdids with item renderers. When the custom component
flips between states, I need the individual items contained therein to
switch state too.

I'm trying to think of the most elegant way to do this. Any thoughs 9apart
from the fact I'll go Doh! real soon now).

I've tended to avoid states, but seem to be embracing them big time now..

Paul