From: Sébastien Tromp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, October 18, 2008 1:18:39 PM
Subject: [flexcoders] Listem to an event sent by a DataGrid ItemRenderer

Hello,

I am stuck with an issue whose solution I cannot find on the Internet.

I have an application with a DataGrid:

<mx:DataGrid id="currentConstruc tions">
<mx:columns>
<mx:DataGridColumn dataField="building Type"/>
<mx:DataGridColumn dataField="endDate" id="remainingTime"
itemRenderer= "org.feilun. renderer. CountDownRendere r" />
</mx:columns>
</mx:DataGrid>

where CountDownRenderer is a custom ItemRenderer that can dispatch a
TimerEvent.TIMER_ COMPLETE event.

I would like to listen in my main application (where the DataGrid is
defined) to this TIMER_COMPLETE event, but I have not managed to do it.

I have tried things like:
currentConstruction s.addEventListen er(TimerEvent. TIMER_COMPLETE,
handleTimerComplete );
or
remainingTime. addEventListener (TimerEvent. TIMER_COMPLETE,
handleTimerComplete );

but in neither case is the event caught.

Do you have any idea on how this could be achieved?

Thanks a lot,
Sébastien