I want to block the user from being able to tab into all controls in a
particular container but only temporarily. At some point I would open
the container to be tabbed into again but for a while I want them
unreachable, but visible.

Seems to me this is something that evey app would need to do at some
point, but I can't figure out how to do it.

I can cover the container with a click shield to stop the user clicking
on any control, that works fine, but I cant seem to stop them tabbing
in to it.

The container may contain many nested containers and many, many
controls so trying to iterate over every control and do something is
not really practical in this case.

Is there someway to get the focus manager to temporarily ignore these
controls when someone hit the tab key?

tks