Thanks for all the suggestions. I am sure one if not all of them would
work. Just out of curiosity, in Flash, you can set a listener for the
Stage to receive via capture or bubble, for example, mouseclicks
(Stage.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK,clickHandler)). Is there no
way to do this in Flex with the Alert component and the Stage
(Application.application?)?

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, claudiu ursica <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Suposedly you'd have a data model in there, in you app, you can hold
a boolean value and set it to true everytime you call Alert show and
set it to false on close. In your other mxml just check that property
of the model and you're done. (Not sure it is the best way to do it
though.).

> HTH,
> Claudiu

detect when this Alert is closed in another mxml component (as opposed
to the command class). What's the best way to determine when it's been
closed?  Does the event bubble? So far I have not been able to 'catch' it.