Hi,
Since you are using an itemRenderer, this could be tricky. You need to find
out where the parent is (MenuItem instance) and cast that reference to
IStyleClient.

IE

var color = IStyleClient(parent.parent).getStyle("color");

Mike

--
Teoti Graphix, LLC
http://www.teotigraphix.com

Teoti Graphix Blog
http://www.blog.teotigraphix.com

You can find more by solving the problem then by 'asking the question'.