Hi Parjan,

You can give the illusion that the DataGrid is not selectable by
extending DataGrid and overriding the drawSelectionIndicator function
(selectable="true").

package com.controls
{
import mx.controls.DataGrid;
import flash.display.Sprite;
import mx.controls.listClasses.IListItemRenderer;

public class MyDataGrid extends DataGrid
{
     public function MyDataGrid()
     {
        super();
     }

     override protected function drawSelectionIndicator(
                                                        indicator:Sprite,
x:Number, y:Number,
                                                        width:Number,
height:Number, color:uint,

itemRenderer:IListItemRenderer):void
     {
         /* don't call super and don't draw the selection indicator */

Another hack would be to set the selectedIndex to -1 on the DataGrid
change event.

-TH

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Parjan Arjan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi every one , i am facing a little problem please help me.
> I have DataGrid with following styles
> alternatingItemColors: #FFFFFF, #ECF1F7
> selectionColor: #D9DE74
> roll-over-color:#D3E0FE
> Now on of my grid need the follwing requirement
> Allow hover color only but user cannot select any row ,i tried to set
grid selectable property false but this removes hovering also .