I was able to get the latest version of the FB3 plugin to work in
Eclipse 3.4. The first thing I did was make sure I had the latest
FlexBuilder 3 Plugin installer (version 3.0.1 I believe). Then I ran
the installer which told me it couldn't complete the install which is
fine because all you have to do is going to into the new Eclipse
software update dialog hit the tab for "Available Software" and the
button for "Add Site" and then the button for "local". Finally point
to the directory inside your flex builder plugin folder (mine is
/Application/Flex Builder 3 Plugin) called
com.adobe.flexbuilder.update.site.

--Kurt