Not sure I understand your delay technique, but it appears that the Panel's
style defaults are not registered with the StyleManager.  titleBarBackground is
created in createChildren() so you can debug there.

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Simon
Bailey
Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2008 2:23 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Flex Module issue with Panel

Hi,

I have an application which loads modules no problem, I have all sorts of
components inside the actual modules and all works a dream.  I am using
ModuleManager.getModule( url ) and onLoad using the module factory method to
create a ModuleBase.  One area I have done things different is delaying
instantiation of the View, so the module gets loaded and I then add the view
component at a later time.  So basically I load an empty module shell and then
later load a component into it.

So heres the problem, when I load a Panel component into the module, call
addChild() (works fine on other components) POW!!! I get the dreaded #1009
error and:

Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
at
mx.containers::Panel/layoutChrome()[E:\dev\3.0.x\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\containers\Panel.as:1403]

Panels titleBarBackground is declared as null???

Any ideas anyone, as this is a la! te night headache growing?

Cheers,