That's why many people tend to use camelcase i think...

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Kenneth Sutherland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi I'm looking for info on best practices for creating XML and using
> hyphens inside the XML.
>

> The reason being that a feed that I'm having to work through contains
> the node <language-block ln="en"> which makes it awkward to get at due
> to the '-'.
>

> I can only find one doc which isn't enough weight to get the XML changed
> to be something like <languageBlock ln="en"> when they've been using
> <language-block ln="en"> for years, even though I'm sure it's a 5 min
> job to change it.
>

> if you're interested I'm having to do something like
> xml["language-block"].(@ln == _language) rather than the standard way of
> just doing xml.language-block.(@ln == _language).
>

> It may not be best practice, but I'd like it if it was J.
>
> Cheers.
>

> Kenneth Sutherland
>
> Technical Developer
>
> Realise Ltd
>
> 0131 476 7432
>
> www.realise.com
>
> "enlightened e-business solutions"
>

> Disclaimer
------------------------
> This electronic message contains information which may be privileged and
> confidential.
The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity
named above. If
you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or
use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received
this electronic
message in error, please notify us by telephone on 0131 476 6000 and delete the
material
from your computer.