Why can't you send plain text?  The user is still prompted with the
printer selection dialog (you can't control that anyway) - if the
Label printer is selcted, it'll print whatever you send it (I've done
it before...).
  You gotta know the Zebra printer language to have a shot at doing
anything else.  There's a manual out there (couldn't tell you where
other than the Zebra site - good luck with that one :D).  Then, it'd
only be possible to do it in AIR, and, you'd basically send the
string (which the printer breaks down and is able to print).  I was
never able to successfully do it.
  The way it works, you generate a "string" (we'll call it PTR for
now since it's not really just a string).  PTR has to be in the Zebra
Language (or whatever it's called).  You have to send the PTR to the
port (printer, comm, etc) the printer is connected to.  Technically,
the printer should accept the string and know what to do from there.
Theoretically, that's how it should work - if it actually does - you
deserve a prize! :D  I tried (in vain) for weeks to get it to work -
before I settled on creating an Object that would print (in plain
text) on my Zebra printer (and gave up on it).

-Nathan

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Jackson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>