Currently I am running BlazeDS on Tomcat, and I have a flex client
that is authenticating against a set of Remote Objects using
channelset.login().

As expected, if I walk away from the client for 30 minutes, the Tomcat
server invalidates the session, which of course effectively logs out
the client.

What I would like to happen is when the server invalidates the
session, the client is returned to the login page.  I can think of
different ways to accomplish this, but I was wondering if there is an
established pattern for this?

I tried creating a timer on the client to check if the authenticated
property on the channelset was false.  But I noticed that the
authenticated property never changed, even after the session invalidated.

I'm tempted to do the same thing on the server, but instead check to
see if the session is valid, and throw an error if not.

But I thought I'd check here first!

Thanks in advance!