Have you tried creating an Actionscript class for objectName (in your code)
instead of a generic object and then use a RemoteAlias directive to
associate that .as class to a CFC?

I know this works from CF to Flex, I'm not certain about the other way. What
I'd love to do is to send an ArrayCollection from Flex back to CF where it
could be manipulated as a query.