--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Andrews" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm beginning to wonder if the best solution is for the component
to know all of the required information - it can be set up when it is
instantiated. It seems to me that while in most scenarios extending
the event payload may work it means that the order in which events
are handled will be vitally important; furthermore you now need two
event handlers to service a single event - one to extend the payload,
one to actually handle the payload.

If the Model is XML, it's dead easy to get from the child node to the
appropriate grandparent node.

Otherwise, if the Model implements IUID, it shouldn't be difficult to
get the appropriate information just off of Product.  If you can cast
the model to IHierarchicalCollectionView, it's even easier using
getParentItem().

HTH;

Amy