Hi,

I develop an AIR application. I use file browser to select a image
file and I want to get the image data and save it to database so other
people can see the image by reading the image data in database.

I can not save the imageFile.url to database because other people do
not have the image in their computer.I need save the real data of the
image but I do not have a idea how to get it.

Thanks

Mark

PS:

The following is part of source code

private function loadImage():void
{
                           var imagesFilter:FileFilter = new
FileFilter("Images",
"*.jpg;*.gif;*.png");
                           imageFile = new File();
                           imageFile.browseForOpen("Select an Image",
[imagesFilter]);
                           imageFile.addEventListener(Event.SELECT,
imageSelected);
}

private function imageSelected(event:Event):void
{
        imageHolder.source = imageFile.url;