Try event.target.className.

Tracy

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Fotis Chatzinikos
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 6:05 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Question on how to find out what something is.

Something is an event, check the docs...

It can be a MouseEvent, ClickEvent, ListEvent, and so on...

A generic approach is declaring the function:

init (event:Event)

but only if you do not know the particular event class,

you can then get access to your object (one in your example) via target
(usually) or currentTarget...

hope it helps ;-)

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 1:01 AM, timgerr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]