An embedded SWF is wrapped in a MovieClipLoader.  There should be some old
threads about how to dig into that to get to the actual SWF

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Todd
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 11:37 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Accessing properties of Embedded Flash SWFs from Flex
3

>From my readings around the web, the Flex compiler strips all timeline
information from the SWF when embedding. I now have found a suggested
workaround over at Grant Skinner's Blog, however, it's dependent upon
all the code written on the timeline being put into a Class (this is
how I interpreted the workaround).

I'm going to look into probably using the Flash Component Tooklkit for
Flex and seeing if the dev can wrap up the Flash stuff into a
component and seeing where to go from there.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com<mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>, "Fotis
Chatzinikos"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hm, it seems that when embeded the compiler does not have enough
info to see
> if your variable is there or not (you mention that loading the swf
> dynamically works)...
>
> I remember reading somewhere in this forum that there is a compiler flag
> that makes things less strict and your error would get away, but...
never
> used it myself cannot remember the setting search the forum or
google for it

> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 8:10 PM, Todd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > The "symbol" that I'm trying to get out of Flash is a global Array
> > defenition, so I'm not sure it's working. I did try embedding the
> > name of the public global array as a seperate embed.
> >
> > I'm not too interested in the Flex Component Kit for Flash, as this
> > component is already written.
> >
> > My main goal is just accessesing the global flash variable from within
> > Flex.
> >
> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com<mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>
> > <flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>,
"Amy"