Thanks Josh,

That was exactly what I was looking for...didn't think to access the compareFunction property of the sort() function...

Adrian

Josh McDonald wrote:

var s : Sort = new Sort();
s.compareFunction = myComparer;
collection.sort = s;

-Josh

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 9:14 AM, Adrian Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    All,

        I have an ArrayCollection that I'd like to perform an
    advanced, custom sort on before it's loaded into a List...the
    custom sort is one that i am using for my ADG, using the column's
    sortCompareFunction and in a grouping collections
    compareFunction.  I can't seem to figure out how to use it as well
    for my AC...any ideas?

        Here's some code snippets:

                        ungroupedParticipantsForTileList = new
    ArrayCollection;
for each (var uPart:Object in
    ungroupedParticipantsArray)
                    {
                        listInfo = uPart.KitNum + " - " +
    uPart.ParticipantName;
ungroupedParticipantsForTileList.addItem({kitNum:uPart.KitNum,
    label:listInfo});
}
    and the custom sorter:

                    private function sortNumeric(obj1:Object,
    obj2:Object):int
Any help would be appreciated!!

    Thanks,
    Adrian

--
"Therefore, send not to know For whom the bell tolls. It tolls for thee."

Like the cut of my jib? Check out my Flex blog!

:: Josh 'G-Funk' McDonald
:: 0437 221 380 :: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
:: http://flex.joshmcdonald.info/ <http://flex.joshmcdonald.info/>
:: http://twitter.com/sophistifunk <http://twitter.com/sophistifunk>