--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Maciek Sakrejda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Amy,
>
> Fotis is right--if you want to specify a param that has a default,
you
> need to specify all parameters to the left of it in the argument
list.

> Depending on your function and how many parameters it has, you may
want
> to add a class to represent your function arguments, construct that
> object independently, and pass that to your function. E.g.,
>
> var args:FunctionArgs = new FunctionArgs();
> args.foo = 123;
> args.bar = "baz";
>
> theFunction(args);
>
> This doesn't always make sense, but it can help.

OK, this sort of makes sense...but...  I don't want to create a
special class for every place I want to do this.  So I thought "I
know, I'll just use a generic object and check to see what properties
it has."

So I am using something like:

for (s:string in paramObj) {
this[s]=paramObj[s];
}

Just one problem...it's a static method.  Anyone know the equivalent
syntax to this['thing'] that will work in a static method?

Thanks;

Amy