Actually I find formatting code on this list generally to be a pain.
That particular formatting  is some magic that happens when I copy code
from the Flex Bulder 3 code editor in to Outlook, where I use MSWord as
the editor.  It did not happen with FB2.  And the html format introduces
extra CRs.

The cognitive states of software development:

Huh?

Hmm.

Aha!

Duh!