Hi Peat,

> Anyone have a clue how to copy text to the clipboard when using
> htmlText? Or as a workaround, any clue on how to detect I've pressed
> Ctrl-C? If so, I could do my own work to copy to clipboard.

Without looking at your code I have 2 suggestions for you.

1) If scrolling functionality for the text is not important for you,
then abandon the efforts of extending TextArea component and extend
your custom edit textArea from Text + set textField to
TextFieldType.DYNAMIC type, that's my approach.

2) You cannot handle CTRL+C keyboard shortcuts alike in a Flash alone
if you target Internet Explorer browser.
See the issue I'd submitted to JIRA bugbase a while ago
http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-106

Also see this link
http://www.mehtanirav.com/2008/11/19/how-to-stop-keyboard-event-propagation-flex-javascript,
it will make you move in a right direction.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Andriy Panas