Use the profiler to check for memory leaks.  If you don't see any obvious ones,
then export a release build and use a  release player and watch memory with
ProcessMonitor.  There's been reports that debuggable modules do not completely
unload, especially in FP9

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Guy
Morton
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 12:44 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Memory Leaks... Cumulative Memory and Memory.

I'm interested in knowing more about this too...I have an app that seems to
cause the browser's memory to increase steadily over the course of several
hours. However, if I run WSMonitor alongside it, it says the memory usage of my
app *doesn't* increase overall (though it fluctuates between 130 and 150mb - it
loads data continuously so this is expected).

http://www.websector.de/blog/2007/10/01/detecting-memory-leaks-in-flash-or-flex-applications-using-wsmonitor/

So my question is, should I trust WSMonitor? Or is the browser right and I have
a memory leak?

This has been observed in Firefox on Mac OS, as well as Chrome and FF on
Windows.

Guy