My current workaround is to reset the dataprovider when a node at the top
level (level below the root) is added/removed. This is not ideal because
then all the open items are reset to closed. This can be more or less worked
around too - but its not great.

On another note, rather than calling Tree.updateList(), what if you just
want to redraw one item in the tree. I looked on the itemRenderer class but
couldnt find anything that worked for me.