I am attempting to learn using Sprites for AS3-only apps and how to
work with them best. I have an app that extends a Sprite and it
contains another Sprite within it. How do I make it so the inner
Sprite fills up the outer Sprite?

The outer Sprite generates a swf that is placed within an embed of any
size. I can use the graphic object of the outer Sprite to draw a
rectangle that takes up the available space. If I move that drawing
code to an inner child Sprite the rectangle drawn is 50% smaller in size.

So if the embed is of dimensions 200x250 using the outer Sprites
graphic object
will draw a 200x250 rectangle. I move it into the inner Sprite and now
the rectangle is 100x125. This is always the case even if I explicitly
set the dimensions of the inner Sprite and the drawing code to use
200x250 dimensions.

Can someone explain this to me? I have read the Drawing API but I am
having trouble drawing using inner child Sprites. The examples always
use the outer Sprite to do the drawing. I am trying to write AS3-only
components that draw themselves.

Thank you,

Sean