Flex 3

I am implementing drag and drop between 2 datagrids.
Both datagrids are populated using a dataprovider with an XML document.

The source XML document looks like this:
<ChannelItems>
    <CItem Type="Channel" Name="Channel1"/>
    <CItem Type="Channel" Name="Channel2"/>
</ChannelItems>

In the doDragDrop event, I am doing the following:

<code>
var dropTarget:DataGrid = DataGrid(event.currentTarget);

var items:Array = event.dragSource.dataForFormat("items") as Array;

if( items.length > 0 ) {
        var node:XML = items[0];
        var myName:String = [EMAIL PROTECTED];
}
</code>

In the debugger I can see that items[0] has this value:
    <CItem Type="Channel" Name="Channel1"/>

I am trying to assign the attribute Name to a string variable.
        var myName:String = [EMAIL PROTECTED];

I have tried about every permutation I can think of an everything give
me a:
<code>
TypeError: Error #1010: A term is undefined and has no properties.
        at MMO/doDragDrop()[C:\flex\src\MMO.mxml:770]
        at MMO/__sd_dg_service_definition_dragDrop()[C:\flex\src\MMO.mxml:1006]
        at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
        at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
        at
mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchEvent()[E:\dev\3.1.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:9156]
        at
mx.managers.dragClasses::DragProxy/mouseUpHandler()[E:\dev\3.1.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\dragClasses\DragProxy.as:500]
</code>

Both datagrids display the XML correctly.
The source datagrid's dataProvider is defined as:
<code>
dataProvider="{channelListXML.CItem}"
</code>

Can anyone give me a leg up here?