From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jules
Suggate
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 1:02 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Memory leaks in Flex SDK

Hi all,

I know this is a "multennial" subject, but I just checked Adobe's JIRA
and found three confirmed memory leaks in the Flex SDK :(

They are:
+ Memory leak in SWFLoader: https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/SDK-18076
+ BindingUtils don't use weak event listeners, creating potential
memory leaks: https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/SDK-14891
+ Flash Components break GC in FLex (while loaded at runtime):
https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/SDK-13612

AFAIK, a well modularised application has to make use of SWFLoader for
dynamic linking, so that's a big worry as my app is designed to run
continuously in the background.

The second two are slated to be fixed in Flex Gumbo (not really
imminent but somewhat reassuring), however Adobe are particularly
quiet about the SWFLoader problem.

Anyone know of any workaround for these issues (esp. SWFLoader)?

Cheers,
Jules