Hi,

I'm building a FLEX / AIR application that will need to download flv
files to the local harddrive (files may be downloaded by parts), and
as soon as enough of the video is stored locally, display the video
in the GUI.

Currently my prototype uses a Stream to write the downloaded bytes to
a file, and a FXVideo is used to play it. When enough bytes are
stored on the local file, the source of the FXVideo is set to start
playing the video.

The problem we encounter is the following:
- if we keep the stream open to write downloaded data, the FXVideo
fails to open the video
- if we close the stream after each write, the FXVideo opens the
video and starts playing it, but the application fails to reopen the
stream to write next bytes.

Clearly this looks like a file lock issue, but I couldn't find any
work arround or fix for it.

Anyone knows a way to do this ?