Focus is generally not passed to containers which is what your components are.  I think you’ll need to have your component monitor the focus of its children and then when focus has left a child (but has not entered another child of the component) that’s when you’ll know focus is gone.  And when focus enters any of them but did not leave any of them that’s how you’ll know your component has gained focus.  I suppose you could also use mouse events (like mouseEnter) but that doesn’t help you when the user is using the keyboard.

Matt

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ghislain Simard
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2005 7:51 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] refreshing a component

Each time I'm leaving a component I want it saved (kind of save on
exit).  I've tried to use focusOut...didn't work.  Is there way to do
so?

Each time I'm getting inside a component I want it to be refreshed
automatically.  When using Initialize, creationComplete, ChildCreated
it's created but when I leave and come back it's not refreshing to the
new values. Is it possible to do this also?

Thanks